About the project "Talking Books"
There are two main project objectives - the overall objective is to contribute to improving the quality of life and social cohesion in Zadar County and the Banja Luka region by providing access to education to blind and visually impaired persons. A special objective of the project is to increase the availability of (library) services for blind and visually impaired persons in Zadar County and the Banja Luka region. The target groups of the project are primarily blind and visually impaired persons, as well as members of associations of blind and visually impaired persons and family members of blind and visually impaired persons.
Collaborators on the project: the Research Library Zadar as the lead partner and project coordinator in the Republic of Croatia, and the Banja Luka City Organization of the Blind as the project coordinator in Bosnia and Herzegovina, as well as the Banja Luka City Development Agency (CIDEA), Zadar County Development Agency (ZADRA) and the Republika Srpska Blind Union.
The total value of the project amounts to 99,889.47 EUR. The project lasts from 21 March 2013 until 20 June 2014 with allowed extensions (15 months).
The main planned project activities are as follows:
- designing spaces needed for the organization of training for blind and visually impaired persons
- the procurement of computer equipment adapted for use by of blind and visually impaired persons and suitable training
- the procurement of vehicles for transport of blind persons and the distribution of educational materials
- strengthening the capacities of partner organization employees in the field of employing blind and visually impaired persons and using technologies for blind and visually impaired persons
- recording audio books and MP3 magazines
- exchanging experiences between partner organisations and strengthening the capacities of partner organizations in the field of project implementation and management
The project will result in the following:
- coordinated partnership and cooperation in the implementation of all activities and the successful realization of the project
- the increased accessibility of services in the community for blind and visually impaired persons through the use of new equipment, education facilities and vehicles
- greater capacities of project participants as well as trained blind and visually impaired persons
- increased public awareness of the problems of blind and visually impaired persons